Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    doxielover10 posted:
    The conclusion has been made that I need to go to a place to get away from here. Not a hospital or psych ward, more like the places people go for alcohol or drugs. I do not drink or have ever in my life touched an illegal drug.

    I found a couple of places on the internet but one was 59,000 dollars for 30 days and they do not accept insurance. I have great insurance as well as Medicare because I'm on disability.

    Does anyone have any info ?


    A witty woman is a treasure; a witty beauty is a power.
    George Meridith
    Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
    That charge sounds astronomical and I can't imagine what they would provide for that high a fee. The best thing would be to get a referral from a healthcare professional with whom you have been in treatment or a social service agency in your area.
    teriod replied to Patricia Farrell, PhD's response:
    In many cities dialing 211 will get you in touch with social services you need.
    doxielover10 replied to Patricia Farrell, PhD's response:
    I kind of got the impression these places are for celebrities or moguls.
    He was really snotty to me too !!

    I went to school with all the Kennedy kids and when Joan got really bad, they snuck her into a facility in CT on the QT. Absolute privacy forever. All I saw was people getting massages.

    A witty woman is a treasure; a witty beauty is a power.
    George Meridith
    doxielover10 replied to teriod's response:
    Thank you !!

    A witty woman is a treasure; a witty beauty is a power.
    George Meridith

    Featuring Experts

    Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

    Helpful Tips

    Exercise you can doExpert
    Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    62 of 82 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.