Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
An_248464 posted:
Hi i am 28 yrs old stay at home mom. From the past few days its been very stressfull with my family i feel very lonely and upset, when i feel that i punch a wall till my nuckles turns blue but i feel relived after doing that and i dont feel like eating anything. Soon after marriage i came to US and i have not seen my family back home.

I tried to explain to my husband about my situation but he thinks i am overreacting. All i want him to say "i love you i am with you dont worry"
but he never told me that, once i told him i need to hear this from you but he told i am very dramatic.

i go for a walk daily to avoid punching wall but its not helping please help me before i hurt myself.
angelad1975 responded:
I used to cut myself to relieve uncontrollable stress and got to a point where I would have to cut more and more and deeper and deeper in order to feel relief. You need to talk to someone...letting some of your feelings out and putting your feelings into words can help. Your husband probably doesn't understand because he's never experienced this type of feeling. There are lots of counselors, therapists, and professionals that work with lots of people just like you and they can help. You can't do it by yourself but there is hope. May God bless you and help you.
Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
Hurting yourself, obviously, isn't going to help anything and will only result in more difficulties for you and your marriage.

You and your husband would, most probably, benefit from marital counseling.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.