Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Help Me! I'm feel like I'm going crazy!
CandiceG26 posted:
Hi. My name is Candice. I'm 27 yrs. old and I have panic attacks all day-everyday. It's 24/7. It all started when my sugar dropped one day and it's been doing it since April of this year. I have seen my family doctor but he won't help me cause I guess he's an all natural doctor or something I really don't understand him. Everytime I tell him my symptoms he changes the subject. And just tells me to calm down. But I hypervinalate and have the heart poundings and always dizzy and can't breathe and so many more symptoms and im scared im going to faint all the time. I'm even scared to go outside. I just want to stay in and sit on the couch cause its a constant feeling of faint and dizziness. The one thing I don't understand is the burning of the scalp. I'm thinking its nerves maybe cause I have had a mri done and everything was normal except for my sinuses. I have 2 cyst where the sinuses is. So how can i stop these attacks i cant do anything anymore i have a 5 year old and can't even take him to the park. someone ALWAYS has to be with me. These things has ruined my life. Help! What can I do?

lost815cm responded:
I would definitely get another doctor! If you feel like you're going to faint quite often, it may be wise to get your heart checked. You could also try a behavioral therapist. I, myself, cannot afford one. So I went to the library and checked out a couple of books related to that and it helped me tremendously! Also, and I mean no offense by this, but you may want to consider the fact that you could be a hypochondriac. Since your anxiety stems from health related issues, it would be considered that. Seriously! Look up health anxiety and it will say hypochondria. I know I am one of them. You just have to take it a day at a time. I've tried anti depressants (which they gave me for anxiety) and it landed my in the hospital for a severe reaction. That's when I decided to take things into my own hands. It is a struggle, but it does get easier! Think of your child! Be brave!

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
Sometimes it's time for a second opinion or to transfer to another healthcare provider, especially if you feel you aren't being listened to or helped by this person.

I'm not an MD, but I do think you might benefit from some short-term small amount of medication and cognitive therapy. You can learn how to control many things you thought you couldn't, like heart rate, body temperature and, of course, anxiety. I would also suggest that you look at the relaxation breathing video tutorial we have in our Tips column.

I hope things do improve very soon.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

The five most unexpected causes: Coffee, Water, Sleep, Exercise, Diet
I have this as well. I have noticed that these symptoms are at there worst when I have had sleep deprivation, too much coffee, have not ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.