Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Anyone else freaked out by Sandy?
bornagain216 posted:
I'm having a hard time concentrating on anything other than this storm. I'm afraid and I come up with all kinds of scenarios in my head...all the bad things that could happen...like a tree falls onto the house, power outages that lasts weeks, etc. Any ideas on how to handle this anxiety?

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
The best thing to do is not to concentrate on things that make you afraid, but of the resources you have available to you should you need them.

The hurricane is over now and many local agencies are willing and able to help where they can. Contact them and see if they have whatever you might need. There are also mental health counselors who are available to help people with the aftermath of this hurricane.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.