Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
anxiety and excessive crying
freeatlst posted:
[TRIGGER] HI. I am having crying fits on a regular basis. It makes it very difficult for me to function. I have to watch after my 90 yr. old father, two sons,, five dogs, a cat and run a small business. I wake up daily just crying. I don't know what to do. I can't leave my room today or stop crying. I can't take care of anything in this condition. I already take 90mg. of cymbalta and xanax.
Someone please help me. I am literally falling apart.

Henry_Allen responded:
Please hang in there. Perhaps try to schedule with your doctor asap? Do you see a therapist besides just taking meds?

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
From your description, you are in an extremely stressful situation and you need some respite care. It's not just a question of meds, I know, but more of getting some mental relief for you.

Please see if your doc can help with this. Your father may be eligible for some type of assistance where someone can come in to take care of him for a few hours a day or a few days a week to give you a break. The local social service agencies should be contacted.

Please don't wait. You need and deserve some help and you need it as soon as you can get it.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Merry Christmas!
Hello All: Just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!!!! 2013, is our year of Healing. Lets claim it!!! More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.