Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Includes Expert Content
    Anxiety?
    jcmclaug posted:
    The past few nights I lay down for bed and my mind starts going through the various stressful daily events. Just as I force my mind to clear I start itching ALL over my body. I fight back the urge to itch only to get a prickly sensation then my body jolts- feeling like an electrical pulse making my body move. Is this anxiety? I am SOO tired. Not even Benadryl is helping. :c(

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
    It may very well be anxiety. Has something happened recently that would lead to your going over things at bedtime? I know you said you have stressful daily events, but is it possible to help yourself a bit here?

How about trying two things; relaxation breathing (we have a video tutorial in our Tips column here) and also watching the Relaxation video I posted on my website (drfarrell.net)? I think both may be very helpful.

jcmclaug replied to Patricia Farrell, PhD's response:
    Thanks for your response, Dr. Farrell. I will look at your website for tips. There are entirely too many things happening in life right now. I can usually handle anything thrown my way and always find a way to make it through the obstacles. I guess all of it at once is making my body remind me to fix one thing at a time instead of fixating on everything at once. Maybe I just need an outlet; wish I could find someone to help me get answers. I will continue searching..

Patricia Farrell, PhD replied to jcmclaug's response:
    Just remember that you are human and that means you have limitations and that's ok. Choose your priorities wisely.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Successfully beat Effexor withdrawal - Here is how I did it:
    This is a Success Story and Instructions on Beating Effexor Withdrawal. I spent hours reading these forums and found that there were many, ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    14 of 14 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.