Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Nervous Breakdown plz Help
rychen4ever posted:
well to start off I am married and my Husband had started changing all the sudden after he came home from being overseas for 2 months visiting his family because his oldest sister had been told she had cancer and had a slim chance of making it . so he returned home not the same as when he left he was very distant and withdrawn i would whats wrong is there something i can do he say no i just have a lot on my mind. so anyway that was July 2012 and 2 days after being home he was let go from his job,I told him dont worry will get through this its ok . we started looking for a new job and all seemed ok till his family called and said his sister was worse and that made him get very upset he started not sleeping and talking to him self i would say are you ok no iam so stressed and i knew why his family would call and ask for us to send money and we were in a tight spot.to make this shorter he got worse and when it came the end of september we got a call his sister had passed away he lost it . he cried alot and would not eat or sleep , i tried taking him to the dr he said no but finally was able to get him there and they gave him some meds to calm him down but he finished it and he got worse he said i need to go home to my family , I said ok we need to borrow money so we found a way and i took him to the airport and he flipped out on me said i cant go lets go home i want to stay with me promise to be with me always I said iam your wife iam not going anywhere and i started to cry . I had to get a pass to go through security with him and walk him to the plane. it was not easy he was so dis trot from everything, any way its been 1 week since he got home with his family at first he was ok now he is worse and they took him to a dr and they gave him meds to help him get better they said he will be ok but when i have spoken to him on the phone he says i lost my life i wanna die and what can i do everyone is laughing at me .I tell him no you have your life your family and i love you very much and we are here for you no matter what.he comes home on the 26th of November and i dont know what to do to help him and i am scared i miss my Husband I know it takes time to recover but what can i do to make it easier for us both????

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
He has suffered two major losses; the death of his sister and his loss of his job. Both stressors can bring on the type of behavior he is now showing and he may need meds for some time as well as marital therapy for the two of you.

I know money is tight, so see if there is a social service agency in your area that can help. It will take time and a great deal of patience on your part. Right now he is vulnerable and needs all the help he can get.

I hope things improve very soon.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Lexapro
My dr. just prescribe me Lexapro.. i just feel nervous taking it. does anyone have any thoughts about it. More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.