Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Brain damage or just anxiety?
An_248997 posted:
Hello there! [br>[br>So, the other day a few friends and I fashioned a grav bong (marijuana smoking device.) I've never made one of these before, and being already high and careless we used two pretty dangerous materials - aluminum foil and plastic. [br>I hit it three times, and didn't notie any burn marks on the foil or the plastic neck. If anything, only slight melting on the plastic. The aluminum foil never got too hot to touch, the lighter was only on the weed but I assume there was some conductive heat melting the plastic and contributing some toxins to the smoke. [br>[br>It's been over a week and I still feel kind of weird. I'm really prone to anxiety like this, but I definitely feel "odd." Lightheaded, tired, hard to focus my eyes, generally just feeling mentally cloudy. But mostly, I've just been anxious. Hard to get this off my mind ever. I haven't smoked since. [br>[br>So, do you think there's any chance at all that I inhaled a significant enough amount of plastic/aluminum foil fumes that I may have actually impacted my brain? Any chance I could get brain damage from just three uses of the grav bong? Or is this just my borderline hypochondria acting up? [br>[br>I'd love to read what you have to say, thanks in advance.

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
The information you have provided leads me to believe that there may be several things going on here; anxiety, marijuana that may have been treated and the potential that the plastic did put fumes into your lungs. I'm not an MD, but I do think that you should check with your PCP who may want to refer you for any other needed evaluations.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Talk to GOD!!!!
There is no question that anxiety and anxiety disorders are in fact painful, and yet very natural occurrences in life. Unfortunately, they ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.