Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
anxiety and depression
An_249124 posted:
I really dont know what is going on with my body. My anxiety and depression is so out of hand that i have suicidal thoughts like every day. I would say it started getting out of control over a year ago, but the past few months have been complete agony. I always feel like there is more than just anxiety/depression going on. Like i did drugs that i think were laced with something like 8 or 9 years ago, and i keep thinking that is why im feeling like this. I also had a really bad relationship during that time and I keep thinking back to the relationship and it makes me very depressed and anxious, I feel like no one knows how i feel. I can hardly get up in the morning and get ready for the day anymore. And my anxiety comes with physical sensations too, like I get a burning sensation all throughout my body and then i know that the anxiety is coming. It also comes and goes throughout the day and makes me not want to live anymore. and i feel likes the drugs i took years ago have something to do with how im feeling now, eventhough many many people have told me that is not possible, i still cant believe it, I dont know if that is anxiety lieing to me or what, but its the scariest feeling ever. Dont know if anyone else has ever felt this way before. I feel soo alone and suicidal. I just want to be better!

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
If you are feeling suicidal, you MUST call someone ASAP and discuss this and get some help right now. It isn't a good idea to suffer this way because there are things to do and ways to learn how to help yourself.

Yes, you are getting that awful feeling of bodily sensations that comes with anxiety, but it can be controlled and not necessarily with meds. You need to have a medical check-up and then an evaluation with a cognitive psychologist. After that, a treatment plan will be drawn up with your input and you will begin a new chapter of your life; a happier, more self-fulfilling chapter.

Please do this right now.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.