Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Anxiety & Panic Attacks
An_249127 posted:
Recently i have been suffering from panic attacks. It is really starting to effect my day to day life. I Can't concentrate, my head feels as if its in a constant fog and its seems like i am avoiding my friends and situations due to fear of having another attack. I know those are all signs of generalized anxiety disorder but i have never seemed to be a worried or stressed person. My doctor prescribed me klonopins but i try to only take them when i really feel an attack coming on because I do not want to be "doped up." I stopped smoking marijuana and cigarettes all together and have tremendously slowed down my intake of alcohol because those seemed to make everything much much worse.
If anyone has any tips or clues to whats going on please feel free to leave a comment.

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
Alcohol and klonopin are a truly unsafe combination since the klonopin potentiates the activity of the alcohol which may result in blackouts or other problems. Does your doc know you drink with this med?

This is really a situation where you need to work with a substance abuse expert (psychologist or psychiatrist) who can guide you through this. A generalist won't have the experience or training, in my opinion, to deal with all the potential complications.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

keep calm
taking it one day at a time helps me with my anxiety. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.