Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Unable to explain the doctor and later feeling very behind after that.
An_249151 posted:
Hi,

I am unable to explain my problem to the doctor. Not sure on why it is happening.
Recently, I have got to a orthpeadic doctor for revisit. I am forgetting the things to say how I feel. I explained him that I am fine with one problem and he tought me some exercises . but after I came home, I realised that I should have said and keep thinking about it. Why I have not told this. etc... felt very bad, Doctor asked to visit him after two weeks.
Everytime I go to any doctor, the same scenario happens. Not sure how to come out of this.
I am under medication for anxiety and depression already ( just for info

Take the Poll

Is remembering the problem and explaining it to the doctor that tough?
  • Very Tough
  • Tough
  • easy
  • very easy
vote
View Poll Results

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
Your situation is not an unusual one because many people who go to medical professionals often come away not sure they got their ideas across or totally felt satisfied.

Two things you can do are: 1) make a list of your questions and bring it with you. 2) take someone with you who can be an advocate and can also help with recall once you've left the appointment. Always helps to have four ears instead of two when trying to remember what was said and what the resolution was.

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
Your situation isn't unique because many people have this very same problem when leaving a medical appointment.

Do two things: 1) make a list of the questions you have and bring it with you; 2) take someone with you who can help be an advocate and remember what was asked and the answers given.

Always helps to have someone with you and to recall what was said. Anxiety can sometimes make it difficult to recall accurately.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Embracing Today
Hello All, With each day that GOD gives us, lets view it as a day of opportunity to begin to embrace self in all forms. Today is the day of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.