Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
anxiety attacks
snowangel posted:
I used to get anxiety attacks like 9 years ago i was taking medication for it, stopped taking it after cus i did it on my own, i didnt need them anymore. Than last night i had an incident that upset me so much i was very upset and this morning i was ok then i suddenly got this weird anxiety attacks again... i guess last nights fiasco triggerd it again... but nnow its a little different. I feel this sensation in my heart then i feel diarrhea n my stomach feels weird then it passes. and im normal again.....

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
You obviously had a scare and that triggered the normal response of activating your body to help keep you safe. Anxiety and the fight/flight syndrme are one and the same with the exception that anxiety usually comes when no danger is obvious, but there is "danger" in your mind. Doesn't mean you have a psychiatric disorder, just a real scare.

To help yourself calm down whenever you need, check into our Tips column and begin using the relaxation breathing we have there in a video tutorial. I think it may be just what you need.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.