Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
anxiety and compulsive behavior
Anon_71984 posted:
For years I have been experiencing anxiety and compulsive behavior with racing thoughts. I start one thing and then another and never finish anything. I have taken Effexor, Paxil, Luvox, Prozac, Pristique, Wellbutrin, and I can't recall what else. None of which have given me a lot of relief. I take Levothyroxin for hypothyroidism and just wonder what I can try that might help with above symptoms.

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
Medication isn't always the way to treat many problems and I would think that, in view of the number of meds you've tried with little success, cognitive therapy should be considered.

Please get a referral to a licensed cognitive psychologist who deals specifically with anxiety disorders and have an evaluation. Once that is completed, discuss treatment options and then consider where to go from there. On my website, we do have a Therapy page where you may find useful information when considering any therapist. Take a look at it.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.