Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Does this sound like a panic or anxiety attack?!
fototivity posted:
Hi,

It usually starts out as a switch being flipped in my head. I usually have about 15-20 seconds of my heart rate increasing, at which time im trying to find a rest room. I then experience what are very brief clips of old dreams running through my thoughts. Also during this time, I usually have a huge urge to pee of which I cant hold. This lasts for about 10-20 seconds. As that finishes, I usually get an erection. Bout that time my heart rate decreases and I break out in hot flashes and sweat.

This has become quite routine now, happening every 28-32 days and lasting about 1-2 days.

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on what the heck is going on!

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
I'm not an MD and it sounds like there needs to be a medical evaluation. Are you under a great deal of stress? Some of your symptoms sound like they may be related to it and you and your doc need to talk about this.

Since it is cyclical, you need to tell your doc that, too.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.