Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Anxiety! :(
lovepeacehappiness05 posted:
Hi, its been a while since i've been on this site, last time i was on here i was experiencing anxiety attacks alot it was an everyday thing....from 1day to another it jst went away i was so happy now months have passed and 2day it started happening again i hadnt had it in a long time that now i dnt no how so control it i pray that i dnt get it daily....i am experiancing an attack now im feeling scared that something is going to happen to me, im sweating from my pulms, i have hotflashes, and lighthead, and dizzy..

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
What had you done before that worked for you? It seems that they just went away?

When was the last time you had a medical exam? I always recommend this because there can be little things that are causing this like diet, lack of sleep, financial worries, stress, lack of exercise and lack of recreation.

There are a number of things that may be helpful; relaxation breathing (see our video tutorial in the Tips column), positive self-talk (where you talk yourself down from the anxiety) and mile exercise on a regular basis, but I would first recommend the medical exam.

If everything goes well and there is no medical challenges that need to be addressed, then you can begin using self-help and see how that works for you. I would also caution you to look at your life and see if you are under stress that is building up because this is a major contributor to anxiety.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.