Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Recommendations for treatment for M/R person with OCD, high anxiety, and some schizophrenia?
Jeremy36 posted:
My name is Jeremy and I am trying to do some research in regards to a friend I have who is M/R, is seeing the necessary professional care that he needs, but we seem to be running out of options to help him get through his daily routine without the mood swings, irritability, and anxiety driven outbursts. If anyone has a suggestion I am willing to look into it for him as I know that it is in his best interest. He has been on some psychotropics, but nothing has helped to the point where it has been able to help alleviate the outbursts.

Please Help,

Jeremy

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
Your friend is fortunate to have someone who cares enough to try to reach out and find some answers to help him with his various difficulties.

What you have provided is complex and, unfortunately, not something for this board. I believe he needs someone who specializes in helping individuals with MR and multiple psychiatric disorders. This would probably be a psychologist and a psychiatrist team because his care would have to be appropriately coordinated.

You can do some research at the major psychiatric hospitals' websites as well as the NIMH (National Institute of Mental Health) which you'll find on the internet. From there you may find other useful links.

I hope you do find what you are seeking.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Embracing Today
Hello All, With each day that GOD gives us, lets view it as a day of opportunity to begin to embrace self in all forms. Today is the day of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.