Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
panic attacks
d1978cc posted:
I have been suffering from panic attacks for years i am now 33 and i was doing fine for the past year without any medication but just recently over the past few nights i have been getting pains in my ribs and it only seems to be at night when im on my own and my children are in bed i do tend to think more and i was just wondering if this is a symptom as i have never had this one before when having a panic attack.. if someone could help please.. it is in my left side. thanks

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
I always suggest a visit to your PCP for a medical check-up. This is especially important when there is any pain and I never chalk anything up to anxiety until everything else has been ruled out.

If you get a clean bill of health, start doing some lifestyle evaluation to see if you are stressed and also begin to put exercise into your life. Simple exercise, not something that would be worthy of a Marine recruit. Walk in place, walk up and down stairs, ride a bike, anything like that is good. It is now becoming a part of recommended psychiatric treatment.

Also, try relaxation breathing you'll find in our Tips column.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

I have anxiety problems my whole life but I have had a lot more attacks lately. Any opinions to why?
I drove my bike to my house and when i got inside I started hearing things and then called my dad because he has had panic attacks too. He ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.