Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Anxiety
An_249630 posted:
Hi Everyone.
Not sure were to start so let me see. Lets go back 3 yrs ago. Life was going great, until wife and I could not have any kids. After spending tons of money we managed to have our first child 2 yrs ago. What a blessing.

During that time, between not being able to have child, work and loss of income, I started to get very dizzy all the time, several tests later, dr said I have anxiety. Started Zoloft, and life has been good.

Fast forward to the last year, I have lost 4 relatives that I was close to along to my 15 yr old cat. About 6 months ago I realized I was in a daze all this time. Feel like I am missing my child grow up, even though I spend every free min I have with my child. Also thinking back, only time I was upset about death was when my cat died. Thinking then what the hell wrong with me I talked with my dr that I wanted to stop taking Zoloft and have been free of it for 3 months.

The first 2 months were really bad, but I feel really good now, at least I thought. I am seem to cry over stuff now, my family member death, pictures of my cat or special dates in my life and I cannot seem to get it under control.

Wife says I need to man up and get it under control stop acting like a girl. I feel like it not getting any better and maybe it just takes time from not being on the medication. Also I have been eating out of control. Gained about 40 lbs in the last 3 months. My dr is no longer working, on leave not sure when he will be back. So I am unsure what to do. If I should just give it more time and let my body/mind reset itself still or am I really a mess?

Thanks for any feedback and allowing me to share.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.