Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Off Effexor, divide down by placing in applesauce, swallow
Speckaroo posted:
I searched this site for how to quit using effexor 75. I got so many useful tips. Instead of dividing into empty capsules, as someone offered, I did what my husband had to do while on cancer treatment and could barely swallow....before he couldn't swallow at all...... empty the capsule contents into a tiny bowl.Divide. I started with 1/2 into a spoon of applesauce and swallowed. I did this for 1 week. Then, 1/4 for 1 week. Then, 1/8 for 1 week. I am now effexor free, with no effects of missing this at all. My doctor even upped my dosage before my mother died in Sept 2011, and that helped, but the zombie effect was there. I went right back to the 75 mg.
Depression runs in the family, and premature deaths of loved ones (only brother at age 15, he was 17 ;many more examples.....) don't help your mental state. After no treatment, I sought it on my own at age 20. The doctor started me on first, paxil, then wellbutrin and finally effexor. I was becoming emotionless and looked mad (with mouth and lips just there.......) and a bit like a zombie.
I am happy to report that 2013 is effexor free.

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
Sounds like you had a wonderful plan that has worked very well for you. Good going. You showed great resolve. Have a wonderful 2013.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

The five most unexpected causes: Coffee, Water, Sleep, Exercise, Diet
I have this as well. I have noticed that these symptoms are at there worst when I have had sleep deprivation, too much coffee, have not ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.