Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
nausea and gas
chatelaine posted:
How do you all deal with the constant low grade nausea and gas you get with anxiety??? It drive me nuts and just makes me more anxious than I already am.

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
I'm not an MD but it sounds like you might have some sort of gastric reflux possibly caused by food or medication. Have you talked to your doc about this?

jayster777 responded:
hello

jayster777 replied to jayster777's response:
just got into site. sorry about messing up first post. I am no doctor, but ive experienced these symptoms due to anxiety before. I can drink hot sauce by the bottle with zero complications but when i get anxiety i get stomach upset also. Believe me most people get an upset stomach, gas, nausea when in an anxious state. Im sure you dont have any reflux. Just take a few deep breaths and try and calm yourself. Just remember we all deal with stress triggers. Mine is the doctors and dentist.

chatelaine replied to jayster777's response:
Thanks, I've away for a while so I just read this. I am working on learning to relax with yoga and it seems to be helping. The major thing I need to do is keep busy. If I sit around and brood it just gets impossible. I have general anxiety so I can't point my finger at any one thing that triggers it so I deal in generalities...

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.