Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
help me with my symptom
annapl posted:
when i lay down in the afternoon to take a nap even a small sound disturbs me i hear the thumbing of my heart also feels like something is wrong with the stomach its like some one hammering my heart but the heart rate is correct when i measure it i don't know what it is? help me

i smoked for 10 years and i replaced it with e-cigar im using it for a month

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
I'm not an MD, but I believe the current thinking is that e-cigars are not good for you.

Check it out with your doc and see if there's anything that needs attention.

nickmbb responded:
I read your other post - this is something you need to talk to your doctor about. I know its very scary to feel your heart pound in your chest when you lay down. It use to happen to me before I found out I have stage one hypertension.

As for E-cigar - you may be getting a whole bunch of nicotine - that you are absorbing very fast - faster than a regular cig - that could be causing the pounding.

Go see a doctor - never ignore your heart. Better to see a doctor and find out nothing is wrong than to wait for something wrong to happen.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.