Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
health anxiety?
An_249887 posted:
hello I am a 35 year old & I think I have developed health anxiety or at least white coat syndrome. I check my blood pressure often worring about it getting to high. I should mention I am in health care. When I go see the doc it's high but last time I asked to have it rechecked and it was ok. What I want are coping stadigies that work. I find deep breathng only works some of the time because i cannot stay focused!
Any suggestions would be helpful. I don't like the idea of meds.

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
Since you indicate that deep breathing does help you, but you have problems staying focused, perhaps there are a few things that you can do which will increase your ability to focus. Take a look at our relaxation breathing video tutorial in our Tips column and see if you are doing your breathing in the same manner. If not, change to the technique that we have prescribed and see how it works for you.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.