Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Solving an emotional puzzle of love and fear.
BaffledAndSad posted:
In the REALLY short version....

Met this great girl five months ago, and it has been an emotional roller coaster to say the least, and found out she has three prescriptions:

Clorazepate, trazodone, and Prozac. What would a person be prescribed all three of these for? I know how to research, and I know what each does, but what disorder would this most likely combination be for?

I am at my wits end some days. I deeply care for her, and just want a better picture of why she acts the way she does sometimes. It has been a long time since I have met someone, years and years actually, like this; and she is terribly sensitive to this kind of thing, and exactly why I didn't just ask. I have been through a lot of stuff in my life, and am a fairly strong guy, but I don't know how much longer I can go with this, and it kills me to even think about ending things with her, but like I said earlier I just wish I had some answers....

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
There's really no way to know why she has all three of these prescriptions. Many medications are often prescribed for a variety of disorders, some of the meds are, in fact, used off-label, so I can't give you an answer.

Even though she is sensitive to your asking, I think this is something that needs to be discussed in a cool, unemotional manner. Both of you need to know where this going, if anywhere, and now is the time to clear any confusion up.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.