Includes Expert Content
Solving an emotional puzzle of love and fear.
BaffledAndSad posted:
In the REALLY short version....

Met this great girl five months ago, and it has been an emotional roller coaster to say the least, and found out she has three prescriptions:

Clorazepate, trazodone, and Prozac. What would a person be prescribed all three of these for? I know how to research, and I know what each does, but what disorder would this most likely combination be for?

I am at my wits end some days. I deeply care for her, and just want a better picture of why she acts the way she does sometimes. It has been a long time since I have met someone, years and years actually, like this; and she is terribly sensitive to this kind of thing, and exactly why I didn't just ask. I have been through a lot of stuff in my life, and am a fairly strong guy, but I don't know how much longer I can go with this, and it kills me to even think about ending things with her, but like I said earlier I just wish I had some answers....

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
There's really no way to know why she has all three of these prescriptions. Many medications are often prescribed for a variety of disorders, some of the meds are, in fact, used off-label, so I can't give you an answer.

Even though she is sensitive to your asking, I think this is something that needs to be discussed in a cool, unemotional manner. Both of you need to know where this going, if anywhere, and now is the time to clear any confusion up.