Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Effexor XR Withdrawals
LilLauraLou posted:
Holy cow! It is so good to see that I am not alone. It took me months and a few doctor visits to find out on my own what was wrong with me! Withdrawals! Yikes! I couldn't believe it. Once I figured it out, I called my doctor immediately, and confirmed that what I was feeling was from missing even 1-day! She said even just a few hours and you start to feel the symptoms. Exactly what you described is exactly what I was feeling. I was dead to the world. All I wanted to do was sleep because I felt so miserable. I felt sick. Flu-like. Vertigo feeling. Dizzy! and my head was feeling fuzzy with "zaps" radiating/pulsating through my head. I felt so nauseous and just disoriented. I haven't missed a pill in over 3-months and have been doing great! I NEVER want to feel that way again. EVER!

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
It sounds like you are doing much better, but the withdrawal was pretty awful, as I can see. One thing that everyone should do whenever a medication is prescribed is to look it up on the Internet. Always look for the side effects whether they are regular or rare because you may be someone who has a rare side effect and this may not be recognized by your treating physician.

LilLauraLou replied to Patricia Farrell, PhD's response:
Thank you!

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Fish oil 1000mg can help with the brain shivers/zaps.
Hey guys, I myself am a sufferer of the terrible effexor withdrawal. I am here to tell you there is hope in getting off of this drug and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.