Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Effexor WD
papabear0528 posted:
Having been on effexor XR 150 mg daily for 11 years, then having to change to 75 mg twice daily due to gastric bypass was fun. The effects of the effexor wore off to fast, so the Dr. changed me to 50 mg 3 times a day. Since I stopped working over 6 months ago, I decided to go to 50 mg twice daily and it worked great. But NOW all I have to say is I am so glad I found this site and see what everyone is going though or went through on withdrawals. My new Dr told me he wanted me off these because of other problems that can occur being on Effexor. I was willing even after being on them for 12 years. I knew what the withdrawal symptoms were and slowly decreased fir a few weeks, That still hasn't helped. The effects are terrible. I was so glad to read that others have or are experiencing what I am going through. I've had very little sleep over the past few days. Can't stand the vertigo/foggy feeling in my head. Thankfully I only experienced one night of the brain zapping. Definitely going to try the Omega. Anything is worth a try especially if it helps. I just want to be NORMAL again

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
Yes, we do have a number of people who have commented on this medication and the problems that they have had with withdrawal. It is unpleasant and it can last for a bit of time. As you've probably seen, some people withdraw very, very slowly and that seems to help the bit.

I hope that the withdrawal does let up pretty soon and that you feel much better because I can imagine what this must be like for you.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.