Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Something crawling on my arm
kristieblu posted:
For the past 2 weeks I have had this feeling on my left forearm that something is crawling on my skin. I have scratched it so much that it bleeds. I have looked up bed bugs but it dont look the same. I have tried just about every anti-itch cream there is and nothing helps. And it is worse at night its so bad it wakes me up. Plz help I do have a appt with a dermatologist but its not until March, need some relief now.

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
What you are describing does sound very upsetting and it's unfortunate that you can't see a dermatologist before March. Have you been to see your PCP about this?

I'm not an M.D. and I really can't provide any other information on this. You do know that in addition to bedbugs any bed can have extremely small mites that can get on the skin and which are almost impossible to see with the naked eye. However there's also a possibility you might have something to which you are allergic and that might be causing your problem. As I said, however, I'm not an M.D. and these are only a few ideas.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

MRI/ NECK PAIN
I AM LEAVING WITH MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS I HAVE HAD HIP AND NECK PAIN WENT TO GET A MRI THEY SAW LESSIONS ON MY BRAIN I HAVE MS BUT IT DOES NOT ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.