Skip to content
Am I going crazy!
Anthonysmama posted:
Hello everyone,

In 2009 I had my first child. When he was 6 months old I started feeling like I was so anxious and it was a bad feeling that I couldnt shake and nothing I did calmed me down. People would say "Oh stop thinking about it" Ugh easier said then done! I dont even know what I am worried about! I am worried about now the future dying my son hating me! But most of all I am afraid of going crazy, I get irrational thoughts and think what if I ever hurt myself or others. But in the same sence one of my biggest fears is death! I then went to my doctor and he put me on something called Cipralex I have been on them for 3 years now and it seemed to get better Definetly not gone but better. Well in the last few weeks it has gotten really bad again. I feel like my mind will not relax but yet i dont know what i am worried or scared of. Someone once told me people that are crazy arent scared of going crazy they think what there doing is normal! It seems that I know all the right things to tell myself I can preach it all day long but when it comes to myself i cant shake my feelings. I just dont know what to do anymore!

theanswerislove responded:
Thought does not have to be put into action.. Feelings are feelings and if we interupt them as having deeper meaning and ill health effects we can get tricked into believing they proof great illness, sickness,and the anxious brain says Oh NO something is terribly wrong then the vicious cycle is in full swing. When we accept that the brain can do some very strange things and create some really weird feeling and we can
REALIZE that we are very much ok then we can stop the vicious cycle. Crazy people dont seek help. You are anxious, not crazy.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

keep calm
taking it one day at a time helps me with my anxiety. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.