Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
fear of germs
An_250536 posted:
I have been having a lot of anxiety issues, OCD and phobias...especially when it comes to my daughter. I have a fear of germs and I worry over small things that has happened in the past.

A few days ago I was driving my car and my DD was seated behind and her window glass was down. I passed a parked recycle/garbage groot truck that was parked in my community. I had to stop for sometime next to the truck as a car was coming from front. After the car passed I went past the truck. I dont know whether the truck was unloading the bins in the truck at the time but now I wonder if it did, can anything fall inside my car through her window ( The truck was on her side ). I am getting all anxious over it and not able to get it out of my mind.

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
As you said, you've been worried about a lot of things and this particular thing (the truck you passed) would seem easily handled. I'm sure you've already taken a look into your car and there is nothing there, so what would make you think that anything had fallen in?

In essence, when someone is worried about many issues, it is usually that there is an issue which is unresolved or an anxiety that has been learned by watching someone else. I don't know which it might be for you, but I think it might be helpful if you gave this some thought. If you think speaking to someone about it would help, consider having some cognitive therapy to help you work on these types of things.

I also think it might be helpful if you watched our video tutorial on relaxation breathing in our Tips column. I would recommend that you do this several times a day to help yourself keep your anxiety level lower. I think it might be just what you need right now.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.