Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Stress
charlie0783 posted:
I jumped from a bridge onto a dual carrigeway 18 months ago and now I keep reliving this and I keep changing from year to year and its really scaring me and one minute im somewhere and then I am somewhere else as if I was asleep? My mood keeps changing rapidly and im really anxious and doing things I did when I was younger?

Lefty2121 responded:
Just checking in to see how you are doing? Hope things are going better for you...

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
What you are describing and what you are experiencing is quite disturbing to me as well as, I am sure, to you. It must all be very confusing and I'm wondering who is helping you with this because I don't believe it is something you should try to handle on your own.

As you know, we do not diagnose on this board but we do recommend, when we believe it is called for, that members seek out experienced mental health professionals for consultation, diagnosis and treatment. I do believe this is what you need and I'm assuming that your use of the word "carriageway" indicates that you are not in the United States. I know that in some countries it is quite difficult to get mental health care, but I would urge you to do this as soon as possible.

I'm sure that things are very difficult right now and I would hope that you have either family or friends who can provide some support as you seek a mental health professional for yourself.

I do hope that things improve very soon and that you do get the help that you deserve.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Embracing Today
Hello All, With each day that GOD gives us, lets view it as a day of opportunity to begin to embrace self in all forms. Today is the day of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.