Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Anxiety
An_250827 posted:
I dont want to be anxious anymore.

jaws82 responded:
I totally understand. I have been frozen with anxiety all day and dont know where it is coming from. I am overwhelmed and dont want to try anymore. I understand.

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
Anxiety can certainly be a burden for anyone and people who post to this board can certainly relate to what you are saying. You didn't indicate what steps you have already taken, but I'm hoping that you have had a medical evaluation to ensure that it's not a physical condition that needs to be handled. Sometimes there are simple things that can be done and you will feel a lot better.

In the meantime, why not try a little bit of self-help? In our Tips column we do have a relaxation breathing video tutorial which I have prepared and I would recommend that you watch it and use this technique several times a day whenever you're feeling a bit anxious.

The breathing can help you to calm yourself. If you are in good physical condition and your doctor agrees, then you should consider doing some regular, not strenuous exercises such as going for walks, walking up and down stairs or even walking in place in your home. We know that exercise is a very good way to help you relieve stress and anxiety.

I hope you have found this helpful and that you do feel better very soon.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.