Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Health anxiety and exercising
Jrlaw1998 posted:
I am 14, I have been dealing with health anxiety for a year now. I also have a minor case of ADHD which has been diagnosed. Anyway, the other night I was just running around and when I slowed to catch my breath I got really dizzy and it was hard to breath! It was so bad that I had to sit down! The next day I had poking chest pain upper back pain and some other symptoms. I think the ADHD meds are helping but they don't last up until I go to sleep which is when my anxiety a little worse. But does anyone have any idea why that happened after I was done running? It sort of scared me, please help!

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
I can understand that you would be upset about what happened to you since you do have a diagnosis and you are taking medication, but you must discuss this with your mother or your parents and your prescribing physician. As you indicated, the meds are helping but there seems to be a problem with it not lasting long enough and as a result you become anxious at bedtime.

I'm not an M.D. and I think this is something that you need to talk to your mother about and I wouldn't delay. Also let her know about the chest pain and the pain in your back and any other symptoms you've been having. Your doctor needs to address this and to discuss this with you.

I hope things do improve and that you feel a lot better very soon.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

I have anxiety problems my whole life but I have had a lot more attacks lately. Any opinions to why?
I drove my bike to my house and when i got inside I started hearing things and then called my dad because he has had panic attacks too. He ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.