Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Is there something wrong with my mental health?
Curious_Hansen12 posted:
I have lot of phobias...
from waves
from weird insects esp. cockroach and spider and centipede
from crowded places and being in a crowded people
from fights
from storms
from glummy clouds
from absence of light, I mean total darkness
and lot more...

When I'm in a phobic incident, I tend to breathe so heavy, heart's pounding, I feel irritable, my mind run lot of things like what will I do next or how will I get away with it, my forehead sweats cold and my inside body feel cold too.

There were times esp. at night before I sleep, I check everything near me. I also feel that everyone is looking at me in a bad way like disgrace and sort of like that.

I also get obsess easily with things, right now with a movie and watched it for more than 30 times for consecutive days.

This past few weeks , like 4-5 weeks, I always tend to feel depressed everynight with not knowing the reason. And then at daylight I feel possitive.

I always having conversation in my mind.

is there something with me?

Patricia Farrell, PhD responded:
Since you indicated that you do have a number of phobias and, in addition to that, you have some obsessive symptoms and concerns about your safety, I would suspect, you should consider two things; a complete medical exam and an evaluation by a psychologist.

I know that there are many things that seem to be stopping you from leading your life without fear and that you would like to address this as soon as possible. No one wants to be a prisoner of anxiety, but first there is a need to explore whether or not there is a physical base for this or you need some psychological interventions. Several medical problems can cause a number of things that may appear, at first, to be totally psychological in nature and that's the reason for the medical exam.

Once the medical has been completed and, if nothing has been found that needs to be treated, then it would be a good idea to have an evaluation by a cognitive psychologist who specializes in anxiety disorders.

I hope you find this information helpful and that you do receive the help you deserve.

Curious_Hansen12 replied to Patricia Farrell, PhD's response:
yeah, it is useful. But there is something blocking me from consulting a psychiatrist of sort of. I don't want this to be known by my relatives and parent and someone I know. But I have no money for that, I'm still studying.

Yes, it is hard esp. when my sexuality is being questioned because I feear lot of things.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

The five most unexpected causes: Coffee, Water, Sleep, Exercise, Diet
I have this as well. I have noticed that these symptoms are at there worst when I have had sleep deprivation, too much coffee, have not ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.