Skip to content
Not sure where to post about this (memory loss)
Rerednaweht posted:
The closest match I could find to this was anxiety because my memory loss triggers it.

I do not know if this even has a name but I literally forget what I am doing in the middle of doing it.

For example this morning I focused on remembering 1 thing. Just one.

And I forgot. I get to the office, remember, sit down to write down a reminder and in the time (about 2 seconds) it takes the word processor to start up, forget again. I start writing down everything I did in an effort re-trigger the memory, remember again, start writing down what it was, and forget right after I type "Reminder: "

So now I'm wondering what very very important time-critical thing I have not done. I'm not thinking it's leaving the stove on while going on vacation for several days (which I've done) or renewing my registration and then not sending it in (which I did last week) or forgetting to take my heart medication (which I do all the time).

I regularly practice games like Sudoku to keep my mind going. I read a lot, exercise and have an excellent diet. But my brain refuses to work.

This kind of ongoing mental failure drives me crazy (like road-rage crazy). And I wonder what disaster I am creating for myself or others because my brain still won't remember that 1 thing.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

rohvannyn responded:
Anxiety can cause memory loss, as well as be caused BY memory loss! What a pain.

Make sure you are getting good quality sleep. The brain actually uses the time spent asleep reorganizing things and making them easy to remember. Also make sure you are eating good food and a variety of nutrients. Exercise helps too, it stimulates blood flow to the brain and helps with anxiety as well as a bonus. Meditation of some kind, even just sitting quietly for a few minutes, can help.

You are doing the right thing in trying to make reminders. How about a little notebook to carry with you so you can write things as you think of them?

Good luck.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Fish oil 1000mg can help with the brain shivers/zaps.
Hey guys, I myself am a sufferer of the terrible effexor withdrawal. I am here to tell you there is hope in getting off of this drug and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.