Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
hiv phobia and weird coincidences ocd?
anxietyextreme posted:
hello everyone,I want to share my story because i think i have a type of ocd. Recently i had a fear of getting HIV. I had really bad anxiety over it . Eventhough most people said that i didnot need testing because my risk was vry low to zero but i did test myself 3 times. Now, i am finding stuff related to hiv everywhere like once i turned on the car radio and a song about hiv was on! How weird is that?! I was watching stand up comedy on youtube and this comedian mentioned aids now thats not the weird part, before playing the video i told myself ''there better not be anything related to hiv in this video" my fear came true, i got sudden chills of fear all over my body. I m also seeing other coincidences which are not related to hiv. Now i took my last test at 80 days post exposure to hiv 84 days is recomended , but doctors said 4 days wont make any difference. My mind tells me if the coincidences that i experience have very low probability but they are still happening so the probability of me getting hiv is really negligible but what if i got it and i am a very rare case where my tests cant detect hiv or what if 4 days made a difference in tests. Its so annoying every thing i see i get scared that there might be a coincidence its like finding it everywhere and if its related to hiv i panic. Is this somekind of ocd or anyother disorder? I was an atheist before but now i m thinking these might be messages from god. I am going really crazy please help?

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.