hiv phobia and weird coincidences ocd?
anxietyextreme posted:
hello everyone,I want to share my story because i think i have a type of ocd. Recently i had a fear of getting HIV. I had really bad anxiety over it . Eventhough most people said that i didnot need testing because my risk was vry low to zero but i did test myself 3 times. Now, i am finding stuff related to hiv everywhere like once i turned on the car radio and a song about hiv was on! How weird is that?! I was watching stand up comedy on youtube and this comedian mentioned aids now thats not the weird part, before playing the video i told myself ''there better not be anything related to hiv in this video" my fear came true, i got sudden chills of fear all over my body. I m also seeing other coincidences which are not related to hiv. Now i took my last test at 80 days post exposure to hiv 84 days is recomended , but doctors said 4 days wont make any difference. My mind tells me if the coincidences that i experience have very low probability but they are still happening so the probability of me getting hiv is really negligible but what if i got it and i am a very rare case where my tests cant detect hiv or what if 4 days made a difference in tests. Its so annoying every thing i see i get scared that there might be a coincidence its like finding it everywhere and if its related to hiv i panic. Is this somekind of ocd or anyother disorder? I was an atheist before but now i m thinking these might be messages from god. I am going really crazy please help?