Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
it feels like my anxiety just won't ever stop
swdhkay posted:
I've been dealing with anxiety for awhile now. I'm 20 and just recently moved away from all of my family. Sometimes I just feel like I'm never going to feel normal again. I feel like new symptoms are always happening and it really freaks me out and makes me think something serious is wrong with me. I've never been to the doctor for this because I'm just to afraid, but my mom has delt with anxiety all of her life and she tells me its just anxiety. For me the physical symptoms don't really bother me anymore and I've learned to ignore them, its the mental things that happen that really get me into panic mode. I cant stand derealization. Sometimes I just feel like I'm not myself and I'm always feeling like something horrible is going to happen. Does anyone else feel this way? Also I've become severely agoraphobic and can't leave my house, I really want to get better and just live a normal life it just seems so hard sometimes. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really don't want to take medicine just because I want to overcome this on my own without drugs. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it

Reid Wilson, PhD responded:
Hey, swdhkay-
I'm sorry you have been struggling so with anxiety. You know, there is a lot of self-help information out there for people with symptoms like yours. For panicky symptoms like your sense of derealization, as well as your tendency to stay in a safe place like your home, you will find a lot of information on my free site: http://anxieties.com/6/panic . (Note that the first thing I suggest is to get checked out by a physician.) I'm not saying go to an MD to get medications; I'm saying go to an MD to make sure that this is primarily psychological and not physical. Once the physical causes are ruled out, you will feel more secure in trying some of the self-help approaches.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

MRI/ NECK PAIN
I AM LEAVING WITH MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS I HAVE HAD HIP AND NECK PAIN WENT TO GET A MRI THEY SAW LESSIONS ON MY BRAIN I HAVE MS BUT IT DOES NOT ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.