Skip to content
hi
Tiffanys81 posted:
hi my name is tiffany and I have been lookn for a place to talk about my panic is anyone out there plz answer

Hschoolingmomof2 responded:
We are out here, Tiffany! Go ahead and share and ask questions. It may take a little time to get a response, but we are here to listen

Tiffanys81 responded:
omg thank u so much I have been dealing with panic attacks for almost 4 yrs now im so scared that they will happen that it brings them on any little pain scares me to death I always think im sick when Im in great health does anyone know if a panic attack can realy kill u

Hschoolingmomof2 replied to Tiffanys81's response:
Hi Again Tiffany,
Panic attacks can really make you feel like you are having a heart attack or experiencing something life threatening. As to whether or not you can actually die from one, I am not sure, but I would lean towards, NO.

I myself, am terrified of the doctor and of life threatening illnesses. I find it difficult to watch commercials, tv, or read articles about cancer or anything else that can take me away from my children, husband and pets.

Many other people here share our same fears. I'm not sure why there is so much of this anxiety. I wonder if people 100 yrs ago, suffered from panic attacks and anxiety. Or is it so common because of the worldly unrest?

Have you been to a physician or psychologist about your anxiety and panic attacks yet? If not, you may want to start there. The psychologist may be a great place to start because not only can they talk to you about what may be causing your anxiety and panic, but they can help you find some ways to lessen they anxiety and calm down the panic feelings and symptoms. Some psychologists may even have information about medication, which would need to be prescribed by your physician.

In addition, I have read some posts on here that indicated people have found some relief through the use of vitamin supplements (myself included). I personally take Vitamin B complex, Calcium with vitamin D3 and a mulitvitamin - all from a whole food source vitamin. Before you start anything, you should check with your doctor, but they do help. I just weened off of my Effexor for anxiety after 10 years, but adding these supplements to the Effexor helped me so much - no severe panic attacks after adding them to the Effexor.

I shared with another woman on here too, that I try to fill my days with things that make me feel positive. I try NOT to watch the news, watch TV or read things that would exacerbate my anxiety, I 'm not talking about living in a bubble or outside of reality, but to limit the negativity around me. I also pray a lot. My faith is important to me and can be of great comfort. But sometimes when the anxiety is super high, it's hard to pray or even concentrate on my faith. So I try very hard NOT to let it get that high by keeping my mind filled with things that bring me hope, joy, laughter and keep me learning.

There seems to be a lot of drama happening around me right now and scary medical issues with people I know. I still get updates on them and I have been praying for them, but I am trying to keep my mind on other things. When I think I'll panic, I have been playing Scrabble on my computer - against the computer. Or, I love Country Cottage Decorating, so I found that getting that one magazine, helps me break the cycle of worry (and it does cycle). I have a few books too, that focus on Promise and Hope. There is a saying: Take your thoughts Captive.....Those of us with anxiety and panic issues know that our thoughts take US captive. And once that happens, were in trouble. So I have been trying keep on top of my thinking.

Tiffany, you are not alone. And I think we can all help each other take baby steps forward into getting ahead of this problem. I hope you will find some comfort knowing you are not alone and that soon you will be able to get some help in taking those thoughts captive so you won't have to feel scared.

Blessings to you!

Tiffanys81 replied to Hschoolingmomof2's response:
thank u so much your words just gave me hope again

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

keep calm
taking it one day at a time helps me with my anxiety. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.