Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
can anxiety cause weird headaches?
swdhkay posted:
I have recently been getting these weird headaches. it feels like pressure in my head and behind my eyes, sometimes it's only in my eyes. my head feels really heavy sometimes almost as if its hard to hold up, the other day I got a headache that was just in my temples and neck which made me have a major panic attack. are strange headaches common with anxiety? also I feel like my ears are always ringing is that normal? my anxiety had gotten so bad that I have turned into a hypochondriac and I am always thinking there is something wrong with me I just hate waking up everyday feeling this way it's so draining. sometimes it just makes me feel so helpless, any advice would be appreciated!

anx247 responded:
have had these symptoms everxday for the past 3 months. i am also experiencing fatigue,light headedness, headaches and pressure non stop with sore eyes from moment i wake up to moment i go to sleep.drs are convinced its all from anxiety and chronic sleep deprivation. i am an icu rn and my medical background has convinced me that i must have sme horrible neurologic condition. i know i have anxiety but what if drs. are missing something? i have had tone of bloodwork and tests. i guess i am having a hard time comung to terms with this. can anyine else relate? classic anxiety isnt it(

annasmith responded:
Hi,

It happens to me and has been happening even before my grand episodes of depression. I kind of always knew that it was from the fact the i was ''excited'' as i used to be a live performer...Drink lots of water, it can help a lot at least for the physical symptoms to go away. You could also self massage your head as well...Hope i helped a bit

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.