Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Blushing
Deedee73 posted:
Has anyone got any tips to help stop blushing? I am a woman turning 40 with two adult children and a successful career this should not be happening at this stage of my life!!! I have blushed most of my life but its becoming more of a problem over the last year or so and now I've developed the fear of the blush which of course makes it worse!!! Any tips would be really helpful!!!!

Reid Wilson, PhD responded:
Hey, Deedee73- I'm sorry to hear of your struggle with blushing. I assume you have seen a physician and have ruled out the common skin condition, rosacea. Otherwise, the most common times that people blush are when they feel embarrassed or angry, or they have eaten spicy foods or been drinking alcohol.when we consider anxiety-related causes of blessing, they tend to fall under the category of social anxiety. It's interesting that you have just now developed the fear of blushing.so that makes me think you should first be sure that there are not physical causes of the blushing. Once you rule that out, then studying the treatment of social anxiety is your best bet. The biggest clue that this might be an anxiety-related problem is if the blushing occurs primarily in anticipation of social contact or during social interactions. There are a number of good self-help books on social anxiety. You can start with some free advice here: http://anxieties.com/140/sap You won't see blushing referred to directly here, but it does address tips for social anxiety.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Fish oil 1000mg can help with the brain shivers/zaps.
Hey guys, I myself am a sufferer of the terrible effexor withdrawal. I am here to tell you there is hope in getting off of this drug and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.