Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
severe anxiety after quitting synthroid??
lundeenA posted:
Four years ago i was told i have grading on my thryoid so i was referred to an endocrinologist who put my on synthroid 50mcg. 3 years later (a year ago) i knew something was wrong so went in and got a third opinion on my thyroid and was told i have no reason to be on it so was taken off cold turkey. three days after i stopped taking it i was hit was severe anxiety where i cant even drive without feeling like i am either going to die or pass out. I cant be anywhere in public alone or i get it. I have a 2 year old daughter and am 4 months pregnant with my second and it makes it worse thinking that if something where to happen to me my daughter will be in public alone. Is this normal? will it go away? Iv chosen not to take anything for it so far to try work it out but it is not getting any better and it has been a year now. help!

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.