Skip to content
where do I start to get help for my wife?
An_252089 posted:
I don't know what to do. My wife has anxiety and depression. This week has been very difficult. She has been self medicating to excess with benzos and alcohol. She has missed work and been involved in some minor traffic accidents. I've taken her medicine from her tonight after she had been drinking all day. I have no idea of what I should do next. I've told her the depression will wane once the alcohol has worn off and she should not drink until we have figured out what to do.

swdhkay responded:
I'm no doctor so my advice isn't professional. But I think mixing her medication with alcohol is going to cause a lot of other things to develop. Maybe you should take her in to talk to a professional they have all the skills and resources to better help her

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.