Skip to content
where do I start to get help for my wife?
An_252089 posted:
I don't know what to do. My wife has anxiety and depression. This week has been very difficult. She has been self medicating to excess with benzos and alcohol. She has missed work and been involved in some minor traffic accidents. I've taken her medicine from her tonight after she had been drinking all day. I have no idea of what I should do next. I've told her the depression will wane once the alcohol has worn off and she should not drink until we have figured out what to do.
swdhkay responded:
I'm no doctor so my advice isn't professional. But I think mixing her medication with alcohol is going to cause a lot of other things to develop. Maybe you should take her in to talk to a professional they have all the skills and resources to better help her

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

SSRIs, and anti-anxiety
I recommend Fluoxetine to help boost the seratonin in your brain, it keeps the panic away. IF you are panicky tho, nothing helps more than ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.