Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
After Depression
annasmith posted:
Hi everyone,

Here is my story: I have gone under a terrible depression about one year and a half ago. It took me months to get better, a lot of rest as well as support from my family..:)I am so much better now after visitng doctors, going to sessions with the psyhologist, antidepressants etc..I am sort of feeling that i am getting my life back to normal, however i have these sort of thoughts few times a day where i see myself going crazy, screaming, even some worse thoughts even. I can contrlol them and i know that they are only thoughts and i consider them to be sort of PTSD, BUT i am worried that they repeat all the time. It feels like someone else is inside of me and i do not control my own thoughts. I am affraid of my own self sometimes. I thought i had a more serious problem than only depression but it turned out it was a long time carried depression. Any thought on "seeing myself screaming and getting crazy'(in my mind)"anyone with similar experiences ? Any help would be very much appreciated!

swdhkay responded:
Those are just irrational thoughts that pop into almost everyone's head the problem with people who suffer from mental health problems is we aren't able to brush them off as easily as everyone else we see them as something more than just an irrational thought and it scares us and sticks around continuously popping into our heads. If you just see those thoughts for exactly what they are, just irrational thoughts they will soon those their effect on you and eventually disappear

annasmith replied to swdhkay's response:
Hi swdhkay,

Thanks for your reply! I will try my best to do this allthought it drains a lot of energy and doesn't let me live the life i used to...Also my question is always: Until when will i be experiencing these..I am scared that they sometimes overwhelm me. Its horrible being afraid of your own thoughts! Have you experienced these and what do you do about it ? Any experience to share ? Thanks for taking the time to answer

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.