Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Abilify
JLWicky posted:
Hello out there, community members
I recently started Abilify in addition to Viibryd (which I started in January). Prior to Janiary I was taking Cymbalta. Has anyone made this particular switch? Has anyone been on the combination I am currently on? I would like some thoughts to see how others feel they responded. Thanks!

doxielover10 responded:
Hi,

I have been taking Cymbalta for almost six years, I am a severe rapid cycling bipolar 1.

I took Abilify and it was a disaster, it caused Tardive Dyskenesia which I still battle today.

What exactly are you battling, if you explain, I can probably give you help.

A witty woman is a treasure; a witty beauty is a power.
George Meridith

JLWicky replied to doxielover10's response:
I am being treated for generalized anxiety disorder and major depressive disorder. I was pretty low when I started the Cymbalta, and it helped a great deal for about 1.5 years. Then I just started feeling like I had no "get up and go." I wasn't particularly sad or anything, I just felt like doing nothing but sleeping when I wasn't at work. So my doctor switched my to Viibryd, and it helped me have a little more spunk, but it wasn't doing anything for my anxiety. Instead of doing nothing but sleeping, I was unable to sleep because my mind was going a million miles an hour worrying and planning. That is when she added the Abilify, and it seems to have leveled me out. I am not familiar with tardive dyskenesia. What is it and how commonly are people on Abilify affected? Thanks so much for your response!

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.