Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Panic disorder without drugs
smoochys12 posted:
I have heard reports that some people can deal with their panic attacks without the use of drugs.
I can't understand why I HAVE TO BE ONE THAT MUST TAKE MEDICATION

rohvannyn responded:
Everybody's brain works differently. I agree, it doesn't seem fair. Then again, some folks are born with massive neurological problems, without limbs, etc, and some aren't... still, there may very well be ways for you to control your anxiety without medications, particularly if you can learn coping strategies. Talk to your doctor, and other anxiety sufferers. Be proactive. I have noticed that when you get enough nutrition, AND enough rest, AND also do things like deep breathing or meditation, as well as some exercise, the rest of your problems become much easier to handle. Your body cannot naturally heal itself with these things missing. If it does, your progress will be naturally slow.

Be aware of additives, chemicals, or toxins in your food and environment. I'm not saying that any of this this will cure your anxiety without the use of drugs, but they are some tried and proven ways to at least make managing it easier. Basically, take care of yourself in all ways, be proactive about helping yourself with your anxiety, research and learn coping mechanisms, and work with your doctor. You may get to a point where you can do without medication.

Good luck!

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.