Skip to content
constant worry about dying.
An_251362 posted:
I was just sitting there watching TV when all of a sudden I got this intense feeling like it was my time to go. I haven't been able to calm myself down since that happened I have never had this feeling before with anxiety it's so scary and I really don't know what to do. Is this a normal feeling with anxiety has anyone ever felt this way? I need some sort of reassurance because I'm really freaked out

rohvannyn responded:
As bad as that feels, I've heard quite a few people talk about the same feeling so you aren't alone. I have had a less severe version of that "imminent death" feeling. One fall, every time I went out for a walk I got this powerful sense of melancholy, like this would be my last fall and I would not live to see the spring. That was about five years ago.

It will pass. Breathe deeply, because it's hard for the body to stay afraid when you are doing that. Maybe listen to some good music. Where there is breath, there is hope.

With that in mind, if you have severe physical effects, don't hesitate to call a doctor or go to the ER. You know your body better than we do. For now, breathe.

Angiemc00 responded:
I no how u feel, ur not alone!

I suffer with this also & sometimes the feeling that ill get a pain in my arm & convince myself im having a stroke.

It will pass

Take care

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.