Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Worried
An_250536 posted:
It was recycle day yday and I think a plastic bag flew from somewhere and landed right in front of our house. My DD was playing outside and later when I wen to get my bin inside I noticed the bag and realised it was not ours but anyway went to throw it and noticed a used condom inside the bag! I was shocked to find one in a recyclable plastic bag. And my DD had touched the bag to get it out of her way while playing. I am just worried and grossed out.

rohvannyn responded:
Unless she touched the contents of the condom and then touched her mouth or eyes, I wouldn't be concerned at all. Have her wash her hands and it will be fine. Germs are often weak and fragile things, even the AIDS virus doesn't survive on surfaces for long. Air and sunlight do a very good job of killing things like that.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

MRI/ NECK PAIN
I AM LEAVING WITH MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS I HAVE HAD HIP AND NECK PAIN WENT TO GET A MRI THEY SAW LESSIONS ON MY BRAIN I HAVE MS BUT IT DOES NOT ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.