Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
i was fine a mintue ago
Tiffanys81 posted:
ok please has anyone ever gone through this one minute i was laughing and having a good time with friends and out of nowhere i feel like i cant breath i feel very winded but i can talk that's how i know im ok but why does this happen with anxity and panic one day i feel a knot in my throat and the next i just cant breath why is it always different and can a heathly person just stop breathing for no reason

mbrust08 responded:
Yes, it does happen. Just make sure to tell yourself that you will make it through this. You need to learn to tell your brain that it's just a passing phase, and you will be back to normal soon. The more you think about it, the worse that it will get. I know from experience that it's a lot easier to say than do, but with time, it gets easier to overcome.

Tiffanys81 replied to mbrust08's response:
now I get headaches from stress idk how to relax anymore any ideas

Reid Wilson, PhD responded:
Hey, Tiffanys81- I'm not sure what is going on with you because I have such little information. But you are describing some of the sensations of a panic attack, which does come out of the clear blue without any kind of trigger. I'm not at all surprised that you are now having headaches; fearing panic is really stressful! And since you haven't learned to control it yet, of course you are going to worry about the next attack. The great news in this bad situation is that panic attacks are highly treatable And also can be controlled by self-help skills. There are numerous wonderful books that's can help you overcome panic. You can find some free self-help information here . Once you learn to control the symptoms when they show up, it will be easier for you to relax during the other parts of your day.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.