Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
anxiety and panic
An_252584 posted:
been dealing with anxiety for around 5 years when someone else or my self is driving i feel like i'm in a rollercoster and i start sweting and get really scared what can i do to get rid of this? is not fair to my family not to be able to go any where except for around where we live. if my husband tells me we are going some where far on the weekend i start getting nervous and star making excuses so we wont go i need help.

ermitu12 responded:
I have that, too. If I get stuck in traffic I panic and get nauseous sometimes to the point where I throw up. I am just now doing something about it, going to see a doc soon. My mom gave me a low dose xanax to take on road trips (this runs in the family) and it is the only thing to have helped. I don't want to medicate, but I want to be able to have fun again.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

The five most unexpected causes: Coffee, Water, Sleep, Exercise, Diet
I have this as well. I have noticed that these symptoms are at there worst when I have had sleep deprivation, too much coffee, have not ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.