Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My Effexor Nightmare
An_252586 posted:
I have been taking Effexor for five years and have been on 225mg for the last three years and it has now stopped working for my depression. The Doctors I have been to seem to have no good answer on how to get me back to level ground. I have tried lowering my doses very slow and it always seems to have severe consequences when ever I reach a a lower mg of Effexor no matter what other medicines they give me. At this point in my journey I have very harsh withdrawl symptoms and it seems as if I will just have to deal with them and hope I have the strength to outlast them. This drug is very dangerous and in my case has left in worse mental health than when I began taking it. I strongly urge anyone taking this drug to consult their doctor for another method of treatment and guidance on how to quit effexor immediately. With hope and strength we can find the way of life we new before this evil drug stay strong.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.