Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Do these symptoms seem to be anxiety-caused?
areiner22 posted:
I'll start out by saying that I'm a 20 year old female university student.

I never really had any mental health problems, I don't have any problems in social situations, and I even spent a year abroad with no troubles.

Recently, about two months ago, I've been experiencing odd symptoms. I feel a tightness in my head, towards the back of my head. I also occasionally feel sharp pains in my head, sometimes it increases when I bend over and stand back up.

I also have been feeling what some describe as "brain fog" or feeling detached and tired. I have really sore neck muscles. I saw my physician a few weeks ago and he reported nothing wrong with my digestive system or blood work.

All these symptoms get worse right before bed, and I often have worries that I will die in my sleep.

I can't stop thinking about feeling like this. I'm worried that it's anxiety, but I'm worried that it is something worse.

Earlier this week I started eating healthier and exercising in hopes that it will help me feel better, but I can't tell if it's making an impact at such an early point.

I just want to feel better.

Does this sound like anxiety?

AmandaRay210 responded:
Absolutely. That's what I'm going through at the moment. It's to the point I don't want to go to work anymore. It's hard not to think about the scary symptoms. I get really lightheaded and dizzy when I get anxious. It's probably because I'm unknowingly hyperventilating. It's so frustrating! I'm going to see my doc Thursday to rule anything medical out. Hope you feel better

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.